My October Favorites
Happy month of spooks and treats!
October is almost over and I couldn’t feel more bittersweet about it. October is a month with many of my favorites as it is spooky, cozy, and sweet (it has my birthday too). What a treat! I wanted to give you a list of my favorite things for this month. I hope you enjoy some of these things too.
1. Haunted and Spooky cheap Halloween decor at Target.
I love, love, love Target! They definitely have so much to offer in their “dollar” section. I found tons of cute decor items, like silky fabric pumpkins, to add to my collection that is currently laid out on my coffee table.
2. Pumpkin galore!
October is basically the month for pumpkins. I see them everywhere! However, my favorite pumpkin is in the form of food, pumpkin pie. My local coffee shop also has the best pumpkin scones! I love to pair it with sweet tea, it definitely is quite a treat.
3. Books, books, and more books.
October is the perfect month for reading as it is the start of fall, and the weather starts to cool down in the evenings. I love curling up with a good book and a comfy blanket on my couch while I have my stress-relief candle from Bath and Body Works flickering on my coffee table.
I am currently reading two books for this month:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
4. Ghosts, Hauntings and Horror shows and movies.
I love fueling my obsession with everything ghostly, haunted, and a little gore. Every October, I get into shows about ghosts, haunted places, and horror. Some current scary shows I am watching are:
- SyFy’s Channel Zero: No-end House
- Youtube scary Storytimes. Some of the spookiest storytimes come from some of my favorite YouTubers: Loey Lane, Hailey Reese, and Christine Di'Amore.
- Stranger Things Season 2 (coming out Oct. 27th, I can’t wait to binge watch!)
- A notable scary movie that I recently saw was Raw directed by Julia Ducournau. Although it was a French film, this independent film on Netflix had me shaking under my blanket. It was filled with a lot of bloody scenes and timeless metaphors!
5. The warm weather in Northern California
October fluctuates every other year in Northern California between rain and shine. This year, I was lucky enough to take advantage of the warmth by going to the shoreline in my tiny town. My husband and I walked along the beach and spent some time in silence admiring the beautiful blue color of the water. We spent almost 30 minutes watching the boats sailing out on the delta.
What are some of your October favorites? Leave a comment below!